On Mon, 1 Jun 2009, Rich Shepard wrote:

 Here are the headers:

From r...@salmo.appl-ecosys.com Mon Jun  1 11:25:44 2009
         *  3.5 BAYES_99 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 99 to 100%
         *      [score: 1.0000]

I also don't know where the 3.5 on the second test arises.

If these are system-generated messages, something is improperly training SA that they are spam. Do you use autolearn?

 Suggestions on how to proceed greatly appreciated.

Primarily I'd suggest you exclude locally-generated emails from SA completely. If you'd post the Received: headers from such a message and the procmail stanza where you pass messages to SA for scoring I could suggest something.

  Of the twenty-two civilizations that have appeared in history,
  nineteen of them collapsed when they reached the moral state the
  United States is in now.                          -- Arnold Toynbee
 5 days until the 65th anniversary of D-Day