On Mon, 1 Jun 2009, Bowie Bailey wrote:

The empty body problem is a more difficult problem. Have procmail save a
copy of the raw message somewhere and take a look at it. Make sure there
is a blank line between the headers and the body.

Bowie, et al.:

  Progress is being made. I discovered that the local.cf was for sa-1.3 or
so, and there was a local.cf.new in the same directory. I saved the old
version and made the .new one the working copy. Many fewer rules.

  On a real spam that was saved for my examination I see that the EMPTY_BODY
check was not triggered. I'll watch this a couple of days and see if that
continues to hold true.

  In the meantime, I'm retraining SA on the false positives to teach it that
they are ham rather than spam. When my log summary reports start appearing
in my INBOX and the other false positives from the mail lists (such as this
one), stop appearing in the spam hold mailbox, I'll relax.

  Thank you all for the very helpful suggestions. I'll update the status
over the next days.

Rich