On 06.06.09 13:39, John Rudd wrote:
> Every place I've seen it talked about, including past discussion on
> this list, calls it Full Circle, not Forward Confirmed.  Based on that
> page, I assume they're synonymous.

I have never seen the "full circle" until this discussion. googling gives
the other name at least on first 10 results...

> > 5. IP -> rDNS: Domain -> DNS: IP2 -> FAIL (mismatch)
> > 6. IP -> rDNS: [none] ->-> FAIL (no rDNS, doesn't fail in sendmail)

because this is not fail. This just means the IP does not have RDNS, not
that anyone is trying to fake that. So I think that's a different thing.

> > 8. IP -> rDNS: Domain != HELO -> ~FAIL (mismatch)
>
> I'm pretty sure, but I'd have to re-check, that Botnet catches all of those.

Well, this is catched by RCVD_HELO_IP_MISMATCH with quite high score.

(And, the SMTP connection MUST NOT be rejected (only) because of this
mismatch, we talked about this already)
Micro$oft random number generator: 0, 0, 0, 4.33e+67, 0, 0, 0...