On 13.07.09 13:35, Henrik K wrote:
> I'm not sure I got your point. Do you mean that running ClamAV before SA is
> mandatory for "much of mail"?

it means that it's always better to run ClamAV before SA and if someone is
receiving much of mail and the system is loaded, it could prevent the system
from overloading by preventing SA of scanning viruses.

> That's only if you are comfortable blocking directly with all the 3rd
> party rules, then it's effective yes.>Personally I don't take the 3rd
> party FP chances and I also like SA to learn from those mails.

As it was already said, you can run clamav twice (although not elementary to
do) with different configurations (wih/without 3rd party rules).