MySQL Student wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking an email that appears to be one of the users from the
> whitelist, but instead was from:
>
>    From probesqt...@segunitb1.freeserve.co.uk  Mon Jul 27 19:49:19 2009
>
> Why can't a comparison be made between the "From:" info and the actual
> sender? Is this because of virtual domains and/or users?

It's not done because this mismatch happens for nearly every mailing
list in existence (including this one).

Every message you get from this mailing list is "From:" the poster, but
the envelope is from the apache list server's bounce handler.

The To: header and Rcpt to: mismatch for similar reasons (To: will be
the list, but RCPT TO will be your mailbox).