> http://www.nabble.com/Any-one-interested-in-using-a-proper-forum--tp24697144p24697144.html
> Sent from the SpamAssassin - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

He's clearly using Nabble, and thinks that's the primary interface for
the list ...

So, Peter, if you think Nabble sucks, provide an alternative.  But
don't mistake Nabble as being the primary interface for the list.  The
primary interface for the list is: the list itself (ie. delivery to
your email address).

As for the side debate about lists vs forums ... each has its place.
Forums can be better, IMO, for lighter involvement in the overall
flood of messages, for focusing on a given topic area, or for casual
browsing.  But they're lousy for trying to be involved in the ENTIRE
presence of the message flow.  They're also lousy in terms of "choice"
-- email lets you pick your client, forums don't.

Personally, when I'm so lightly involved in a message stream that I
don't want to be subscribed to the entire list, I prefer to use the
RSS interface to a forum (or, an RSS feed into a forum).  Especially
if the RSS feed only posts 1 message per topic (the lead in message of
the topic).  Then I can skim the topics, pick which ones to dive in to
or not.  Then I can subscribe to updates of a given topic that I like
(and read them in the forum, or maybe in my email if they send you 1
message per update, instead of 1 message per day), or not.  If I
don't, then I  _never_ see that topic again.  And either way, I don't
store a flood of messages in my account (not before I read them, not
after I read them).

I would agree with Peter on the front that I've never seen a good
combination mailing list and forum.  Forums tend to have lousy email
interfaces, and mailing lists tend to have lousy forum clones.  My
brief exposure to Nabble doesn't alter my impression of that.  But
that's probably because forums and lists have VERY different
organizations.  They both have "topics" (subject threads on a mailing
list), but aside from that, lists tend to have no higher level of
organization than that ... and forums tend to have multiple topic
streams.

But that doesn't mean that the SA community is lacking just because
Nabble sucks.  It means Peter is being lazy about his involvement in
the community, avoiding using it directly by using it via a filtered
interface (Nabble), and then complaining about it.

Though ... it'd be nice if there was a direct RSS feed for the users
list.  Hopefully Nabble isn't my only choice for an RSS feed :-}
(esp. since it posts 1 RSS message per email message, and only appears
to do periodic RSS updates, not more live/continuous ones)

Any help/suggestions on better RSS feeds for this list would be appreciated :-)