One does already exist though it isn't just Spamassassin.
http://www.freespamfilter.org/

I'm with snowweb here; mailing list support "seems" very outdated IMO.
 I could understand if you saved every email from the start of the
mailing list as an archive but I would say many of us are "new" to the
list and need support.  Therefore we have to rely on search engines to
deliver the content we need.  I can't tell you how frustrating it is
to have to click on each email in a thread to read its content.  In a
forum, you have a very simple structure and if followed insures that
relevant information is presented in an intuitive manner.  On a side
note, if the forum were to have a (SOLUTION) for each topic, that
would be a huge bonus.

Curtis LaMasters
http://www.curtis-lamasters.com
http://www.builtnetworks.com