> I have now registered  http://www.spamassassin-forum.com
> spamassassin-forum.com   and I will make sure that the first sticky thread
> on the forum to be, contains a link to your list, so that our users are free
> to choose. I'm not doing this to compete but to complement. I hope you
> understand.

Please make sure that you have a secure login procedure for the forum
and that its impossible for anybody to post without being logged in. The
following is probably the minimum necessary:
- enforce the use of non-trivial passwords.
- require e-mail address confirmation before accepting a new user.
- lock an account after 'n' successive login failures and require an
  e-mail dialogue to unlock it. 'n' should probably be around 3.

My reason for saying that is because spammers *will* try to use it as a
spam gateway. The above suggestions will make it harder for spammers to
sign up for the forum or to break into an existing login. SourceForge
mailing lists and the WINE mailing list are both regularly used as spam
conduits: neither are exactly hard to get signed up to.

You may wish to prevent users from editing an existing forum post - the
WINE list has done this to preserve some degree of context in messages
sent to the associated mailing list.

Finally a personal point: PLEASE don't implement smilies/emoticons as
part of the forum. The WINE mailing list often contains messages from
the linked forum that end like this:

        "..... but it still doesn't work [crying/very sad]".

I find the bit in square brackets, which is an e-mail representation of
an emoticon, extremely irritating. IMO it adds nothing to what should be
a technical discussion.

Martin