wild_oscar schrieb:

> I might leave it at that. The problem that I've been scratching my head
> about is why does it work when using the nameserver directly but not when
> using the router's IP address, which is forwarding to the same address.
> It might be a problem with the router, although it is a brand new d-link
> dva-g3170i.

Cheap consumer-level routers tend to do funny things. Drop connections,
unable to establish new connections, malformed/missing DNS responses...

It is usually helpful to actually use dig for diagnosis of DNS issues,
and pay attention to which DNS server is actually delivering results to
your resolver.

-- Matthias