On Oct 16, 2009, at 12:09 PM, Rick Macdougall wrote:

Adam Katz wrote:
Does anybody here know anything about the legitimacy of Constant
Contact <http://www.constantcontact.com/anti_spam.jsp> ?

Hi,

Very legitimate. We have 4 or 5 clients who use it to send out emails to their subscribers.

How ever, it can and does get abused by spammers from time to time, but they usually cut them off after receiving complaints.

That has not been my experience. The responses I get from spam complaints just say they've removed my address from that person's list.

As the original poster said they don't allow you to opt out globally. Nor do they make it easy to file an abuse complaint in the first place. There links at the bottom of the email to do all sorts of things but not to report the message as spam.

Chris

Chris Owen         - Garden City (620) 275-1900 -  Lottery (noun):
President          - Wichita     (316) 858-3000 -    A stupidity tax
Hubris Communications Inc      www.hubris.net