> When Constant
> Contact gets a clue and automatically requests an opt-in confirmation
> for ALL email addresses uploaded in bulk by their customers then I'll
> stop adding a a high score in SA.

The problem with that is that most of Constant Contact's customers are small
business that may have users who opted in out-of-band. "Hey, Mr. Pooser, we
have an email list with monthly discounts-- can we add you to that list?"
"Yeah, I'd read that." "Great, just write your email address here on this
clipboard...." If CC makes it too hard for those mom and pop shops to use
their service, they'll go somewhere else. So CC can't be too draconian (or
they'll lose customers) or too loosey-goosey (or they'll be blacklisted). My
own experience with CC has been fine-- when I report a spammer they get
nuked fast, and over 99% of the mail received from CC at $ORKPLACE is
requested by my users. No complaints here.
--
Dave Pooser
Cat-Herder-in-Chief, Pooserville.com