klop...@gmx.de wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I use Spamassassin 3.2.5 with CentOS
>
> On October 20 I startet an update with this commands:
>
> sa-update --channel updates.spamassassin.org
>

> When I start now the update, the date of the folder and file in
> /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002005 does not change. It is still the
> October 20
>

> Did anyone an idea why the date does not change?

Updates are published as needed, which at times means there may be
updates every day, and other times it may be a several months between
releases.

In general spam signatures are fairly broad and generic, and need to be
updated *MUCH* less often than virus signatures. Virus signatures target
a single virus at a time, thus need updating for every new variant,
hence the very frequent releases. SA rules target a generic trait of a
message, and only need updating when there is radical change in the spam
stream.

Looking at the SVN tags, the last update to rules for the 3.2 branch was
pushed back on July 20th.