On Sat, 19 Dec 2009, Jason Haar wrote:

On 12/19/2009 04:51 AM, Jonas Eckerman wrote:

(And if more security is needed the easiest way would be to simple
limit access to approved IP addresses.)

Except that a token would enable one "owner" with multiple SA instances on separate networks to come across as one entity - that could be desirable too. It all depends on what you are trying to achieve of course. Also UDP means forgery is a bigger risk - so IP-based checks are less reliable.

Right. You'd need to include an id/auth token in the UDP packet.

  "Bother," said Pooh as he struggled with /etc/sendmail.cf, "it never
  does quite what I want. I wish Christopher Robin was here."
                                           -- Peter da Silva in a.s.r
 7 days until Christmas