On Saturday 02 January 2010, Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:

> 1) If your system is configured to use sa-update [3] run sa-update now.
>  An update is available that will correct the rule.  No further action
> is necessary (other than restarting spamd or any service that uses
> SpamAssassin directly).
>
>  (snip)
>
> [1] http://spamassassin.apache.org/
> [2] http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/Rules/FH_DATE_PAST_20XX
> [3] http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/RuleUpdates

After a bit of digging I found that sa-update had, in fact, updated my system
before I read this.

My question, short of running with "-D", which is a bit noisy, is there a way
to get sa-update to report the items it updates?   I have found nothing
reading the Docs or the Code.

Ya, I know I could probably implement something myself, but I'd rather not
maintain local versions of items that may be updated from the repository.

Thank you,

--
Larry G. Starr - lar...@fullcompass.com or sta...@globaldialog.com
Software Engineer: Full Compass Systems LTD.