On 02/14, dar...@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> Is it worth the hassle to have the underscore?

Response from my secondary DNS provider:

> Thank you for contacting us. An underscore is only legal for specific
> types of DNS records, such as 'SRV'. 'A' records should only contain
> letters, numbers and dashes. You may want to consider using '-' as
> a substitute. I hope this helps. Please don't hesitate to contact us
> should you have any further questions or concerns.

I'm finding *nothing* else that uses underscores in the names of A records.
I'm thinking I should stick with "mtx" instead of "_mtx".

Please let me know if there is some evidence I'm missing that it's
reasonable to use an underscore in this context.

I could use TXT records.  I kind of like the A records.  Well established
for DNS BLs and WLs and all.

--
"One armed student or teacher could have stopped the killer, but all
died obeying the rules."