On Wed, 17 Feb 2010, Kris Deugau wrote:
My experience has been that Outlook in particular (not Outlook Express or its descendant Windows (Live) Mail) does NOT in fact display SMTP error messages exactly as the server spits them out. :(

Sorry. You've heard that old phrase "goes without saying"?
Well, I didn't say it. (smile)

Where Microsoft and error messages are concerned, I consider
it par for the course that what is reported to the user will be a miserable distortion of whatever actual error occurred. But just the same, the user will know that *something* has gone wrong with their mail.

Obviously the fewer FP's the better when dealing with confusing error messages.... :)

- C