On 2/27/2010 6:42 PM, João Gouveia wrote:
Hi Bill,

----- "Bill Landry"<b...@inetmsg.com>  wrote:

On 2/27/2010 5:35 PM, João Gouveia wrote:
Hi all,

we are aiming to provide free usage of our DNSBL to the general anti
spam community as soon as possible.
However, in order to do this we would need to deploy more DNS
mirrors or we risk providing a poor service due to the amount of DNS
traffic we expect to receive.
If you think you are up to this (or you know someone that would be)
and you have the necessary infrastructure and bandwidth to support a
rbldnsd mirror, please contact me off list so we can discuss details.
This DNSBL has been running for a while now, incorporated in the
SpamAssassin weekly mass checks and isn't exactly new (we've been
operating since Feb 2008). What's new is the "free" part of it.
You can check the current results here (last two weeks):

http://ruleqa.spamassassin.org/20100220-r912093-n/%2FRCVD
http://ruleqa.spamassassin.org/20100227-r916929-n/%2FRCVD

The relevant rule name is "T_RCVD_IN_ANBREP_BL" (aggregation of all
bad reputation IP addresses). Note that both the rule name and the DNS
zone in use will change to a dedicated zone (which is already up and
running). If you want to test it out use this one instead:
http://mailspike.org/anubis/implementation_sa.html .
At the moment our goal is to get enough mirrors to provide a free
sustained service and an overall good experience to SpamAssassin
users, so that in the future this can be included in the SpamAssassin
base rules (assuming of course SA folks would see value in it).

I don't see where you have defined any of these entries that you're
using in your meta rules:

RCVD_IN_ANBREP_L5
RCVD_IN_ANBREP_L4
RCVD_IN_ANBREP_L3
RCVD_IN_ANBREP_Z

Did you intend for these to be MSPIKE rather than ANBREP?
Yes. Different zone, different rule names. But the data is the same.
If you use the old zones/rules you'll get the same results, the difference
being that we may eventually discontinue the old DNS zone (at least for public
access).
Well, currently there are name mismatches in your rules, they either all need to be MSPIKE or ANBREP, but not a combination of both - otherwise your meta rules don't make sense and will never trigger.

Bill