On Mon, 1 Mar 2010, Marc Perkel wrote:
For what it's worth - if any of you have domains you don't use you can point them to my virus harvesting server for spam harvesting.
(SNIP)
The sender has to do several other things in order to be blacklisted.

Simple question: Does your 'harvester' have the smarts to detect (possible) correspondence from domain *registrars* (or ARIN) to the owners of a domain name? I can't guarantee that someone somewhere doesn't have our old domain as a 'contact' even though the MX has been a non-existent server for the last several years.

Subject to this important consideration for the one possible form of 'legitimate' mail, I have a domain that used to be excessively spammed, which would be *perfect* to feed to your harvester... (unless the domain is in fact so old that it has dropped from spammers lists).

- Charles