On 3.3.2010 15:22, twofers wrote:
> I have 52 of these sitting in my inbox this morning when I came in to
> work. this is just the beginning. I get literally hundreds of these a
> day and Spamassassin does not even check them.
>
> Thats hundreds of these every day for weeks and weeks and weeks on end.

How about using amavisd-new/clamd/SaneSecurity in your system in
addition to SpamAssassin. SpamAssassin is not an AntiVirus application
after all.

I have some SaneSecurity additions in my clamd, as they catch those new
trojans better than vanilla clamd:

# /etc/clamav-unofficial-sigs.conf

ss_dbs="
   phish.ndb
   rogue.hdb
   winnow_malware.hdb
   winnow_malware_links.ndb
   spearl.ndb
   scamnailer.ndb
"

Do NOT add the additional antispam databases to clamd, as they tend to
be WAY too trigger happy, and SpamAssassin does not a change to do it's
perfect job on spam.

--
http://www.iki.fi/jarif/

Don't get stuck in a closet -- wear yourself out.