On Wed, 10 Mar 2010, Stephen Carville wrote:
I've been seeing several emails lately that are being scored low that,
from what I know of the SA rules should be scored higher.  A recent
example was a typical spam message:
FROM_STARTS_WITH_NUMS,RCVD_IN_DNSWL_LOW,URIBL_AB_SURBL,URIBL_JP_SURBL,
URIBL_OB_SURBL,URIBL_SC_SURBL,URIBL_WS_SURBL autolearn=no
The second message invoked a larger number of body check rules than
the first but I don't understand why.  Is that normal or do I have
something configured incorrectly?

The extra rules are all 'SURBL' blocklist tests which check the embedded URI against internet blocklists. It is not uncommon for the first few spams using a new URI to get through before the blocklists are updated. By the time you reran your tests, they had been updated, and so it scored higher....

- C