On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 11:13 -0800, yongke wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the reply, the emails our clients sends are under our
> control and under our MTA.  How exactly would I do this though?  What I have
> is just the email body in HTML from our clients, subject, to, etc, and some
> account information.  Do I need to actually get the created final email
> outgoing before running spamc on it?  Or can I just run spamc on the HTML
> body...
>
> What I have is something like this:

> text text text..

What, no plain text? That's guaranteed to add some spam points to the
message when its passed to SA.

You'll need to configure your MTA so mail from your users is passed to
spamc before being passed to a post-processing program. This should let
it be sent if its ham and re-address it to the sender if its spam,
possibly as an attachment to a covering message. If you don't want to
send out mail containing SA headers, the post-processing program can
simply remove all headers that start with "X-spam".

I don't know of a program that can post-process spamc output, but if one
exists I'm certain somebody else will tell you about it.

Martin