On 3/19/2010 5:25 AM, weirdbeardmt wrote:
I'm trying to install SA 3.30 on W2k8 64-bit. I have ActivePerl 5.10.1 with
dmake 4.12 (since nmake won't run on 64-bit). I am quite new to this so
sorry if I'm asking something stupidly obvious.

I've installed Net-DNS, IP-Country, Mail-SPF, Error, XML::Writer and
NetAddr-IP.

Creating the makefile seems to go OK
Dmake seems to work OK.

However, when I issue dmake install, it gets so far through the process,
says "Installing<module>" but then exits with an error:

<snip>
I worked on it for a while on Windows Server 2008R2, and concluded that I was not going to get it running in 64-bit ActivePerl. There were just too many dependencies that would not compile or were missing features in x64 mode. So I cleared it all off, reinstalled ActivePerl 32-bit and proceeded to install spamassassin without incident on my 64-bit server running in 32-bit mode. I am having occasional issues with spamassassin just dying. Not sure what that's about since restarting it always allows it to scan whatever message caused it to crash in the first place. Other things have been priority, so haven't gotten back to trying to track down the cause of the crash.

Bret