Had a nice HEART-STOPPING moment this morning! Logged in and
found my mailbox had no new mail! WTF!??????

Checked the logs and discovered that my nightly automatic updates via YUM had pulled in the new SA 3.3.1-3.....

WARNING: Centos does NOT run the required sa-update to get all the files
into shape to run with the new SA engine! SA will ERROR.

In my particular case, it turns out the 'Mail Avenger' MTA doesn't handle the error condition the way I expected and was dropping the mails on the floor! OUCH! :(

Fortunately I have been reading all the posts about 3.3.1 with a view to installing it as soon as I was sure there were no major bugs. So I knew what to try first, and thankfully, yes, it was as simple as running sa-update. Mail is flowing again! Yay!

But if anyone is running CentOS and runs yum manually, be warned that SA 3.3.1 will come in on the next update and you will have to run sa-update manually as soon as it is installed.

- Charles, HWCN