On Thu, 15 Apr 2010, Royce Williams wrote:
I will also file a bug to suggest updates to the *_networks language
that is in direct contradiction to the advice in other parts of this
thread.

One thing I might add: It seemed to me that at certain points in the discussion there was confusion as to whether the status of the mail server running spamassassin was influenced by the mua_networks setting. I believe some language in the docs would be appropriate to distinguish any '*_networks' settings that would be appropriate for the server *running* SA.

Ie. The language about 'mua_networks' makes sense when you realize it is about 'trusting' *another* server on your network that has handled the dynamic IP's, as opposed to having SA simlpy 'trust' (as in 'trusted_networks' the dynamic IP's from which it directly receives outgiong mail.

- C