Hi,

I'm hoping someone here has some ideas on how we can whitelist our local
domain as some of our internal emails have been getting junked by
spamassasin and we don't just want to whitelist_from the domain as any
spoofed junk will be allowed through too.

I've spent a little while reading through forum posts and blogs and managed
to add the following to our local.cf to allow an email from one of my own
domains (external to the qmail mail server) to always be whitelisted:

whitelist_from_rcvd *...@retroburngames.com bytrix.org

This had the effect of allowing all emails from my retroburngames.com domain
through to our mail server regardless of their spam score (I sent an empty
email with no subject to test and it got the -100 score applied from the
whitelist). The bytrix.org is the rDNS of the server which hosts
retroburngames.com.

Now the problem is that if I'm sending from our local domain I connect to
the SMTP server, send the email and it is delivered locally, so the only
as being received from our domain:

?192.168.32.10?) (mar...@[my_domain_dot_com]@[my_ip_address])
  by [our_servers_hostname].memset.net with SMTP; 26 Apr 2010 09:26:45 -0000

Since the headers don't seem to be showing the message from my domain I
can't see how I can add a whitelist_from_rcvd rule for it.

Please if anyone has any suggestions on how to resolve this issue I'd like
to hear them :)

Thanks,

Martin