Hi,

> This is the entire content of my local.cf:
>
> required_hits 5
> report_safe 0
> rewrite_header Subject [SPAM]

I don't think that's the best configuration either. You should start
with a default local.cf, then. You might also try enabling some
debugging to trace the loading of plugin-ins and rules. If you're
using amavisd you should be able to do something like this:

amavisd -c /etc/amavisd.conf debug-sa foreground 2>&1 | tee
/var/log/amavisd.tmplog

You can then view /var/log/amavisd.tmplog from the top to see exactly
what it is doing. Amavis will also be live, listening for incoming
mail, so you can trace it in real-time.

If you're not using amavisd, (and even if you are, actually), you can
run the following to produce similar output:

spamassassin -D config --lint 2>&1 | tee /var/log/spamassassin.tmplog

HTH,
Alex