On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 18:30:08 -0700
Ted Mittelstaedt <t...@ipinc.net> wrote:

> I can't see as how the CEO of Spamhaus is making out like the
> CEO of your typical public company, so knock it off.
>
> There is nothing wrong with a for-profit organization running an
> open source division and making sales calls into users of the products
> of that division.

It's the other way around. Spamhaus is a non-profit organisation run
by volunteers. SpamTEQ is allowed to market Spamhaus's data and, in
return, provides infrastructure to the Spamhaus project.

Spamhaus is not an open-source division of a commercial company, or
any kind of loss-leader marketing ploy.