On Wed, 16 Jun 2010, Gnanam wrote:
I want to integrate SpamAssassin in my web-based application to test spam
score of the "email content"...

If this is your own custom web software, then it is as simple as adding a call to spamassassin (or spamc) in the same area of the script that validates things like the format of e-mail addresses. You can keep it simple and just report spamassassin's exit code, or you could parse the results from SA and pass them back to your user, so that they know what rules were triggered, and how to correct their e-mail.

If your web interface is pre-packaged piece of software, then it likely sends mail via your local SMTP server by calling 'sendmail' or an equivalent function that mimics that command. As long as the web client handles SMTP rejections and notifies users of problems sending, you should be able to run spamassassin normally in the context of your outgoing mail server.

- Charles