I don't know if it is safe. I suspect it will function normally, but I think you'd be in danger of losing a few messages on an unexpected reboot.

I had a very dramatic performance improvement by switching bayes and awl databases to MySQL instead of the default BerkeleyDB. It costs more RAM, CPU, and disk space, but scan times reduced dramatically. I'm certain we were I/O bound before this change because we had plenty of RAM and CPU available.

It is safe to use spamassassin tmpdir on a tmpfs mounted system ?

And if its safe it would have a better performance ?

Here where i work we have big problems with the hard drives, because we basically are sharing virtual machines disk over nfs. and spamassasin is a virtual machine.

Any other tips for better performance ?

[]'sf.rique