Hey all,

From what I've gathered, there's both a recommended way to call
spamassassin/spamd from procmail with a message-size-limit, as well as an overrideable builtin-default (-s option to spamc).

These both cause the usual spamassasin headers to be missing from messages.

The greater problem is, that if for some reason spamassasin doesn't run (for example, a spamc timeout(*)) it produces exactly the same effect.

Is there a way to have spamassasin/dspamd not scan messages above a certain size, but still add headers (i.e. x-spam-status: skipped)? I can do it in procmail, and add a header that means something to me (and face the additional problems of communicating this nuance to my users), but it would be nice if SA had a standard way.

-Dan

(*) with it's brilliant "try 3 times, 1 second apart" retry timer.

--

"If you need web space, give him a hard drive.  If you need to do something really
heavy, build him a computer."

-Ilzarion, late friday night