On 7/14/10 2:19 AM, Jimmy Stewpot wrote:
Hi There,

I am currently trying to implement DCC on a small email server to test how
effective it may be. Unfortunately I have been unable to get any results and it
appears that its just simply not working.

I have the following lines in my configuration for spamassassin

use_dcc 1
dcc_path /usr/bin
dcc_dccifd_path [127.0.0.1]:38681
dcc_home /var/lib/dcc

you only need dccifd if you run the dccd daemon, and its a unix socket *by default. so try to use that, something, usually like:
/var/run/dccifd.

if you don't have dccd running, SA will call (I forget) some other program on each email.

does dcc itself connect? are you running a recent version of dcc? old version won't connect with the public folders. checked firewall?

to see if dcc works, type:

cdcc info

and see if you are connecting to a dcc server.

and as a reminder, dcc doesn't test for spam or not spam, just bulk vs non bulk, and the OPTIONAL reputation filter service also gives you the percentage of bulk on the connecting ip.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
Phone: 561-999-5000, x 1259
> *| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

   * Certified SNORT Integrator
   * Best in Email Security,2010: Network Products Guide
   * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008

This email has been scanned and certified safe by SpammerTrap(r). For Information please see http://www.secnap.com/products/spammertrap/ ______________________________________________________________________