Great!

1 down, 19,587,294,872,875 more admins to go!   ;-)

Ted

On 7/15/2010 5:55 PM, Alexandre Chapellon wrote:
Hi all,

Few months ago I asked this list if using SA on outgoing smtp was a good
idea (Thread: SA on outgoing SMTP).
This thread quickly  moved to "Block direct port 25 for non-mta users!
I was really afraid  of doing so and didn't really wanted to go this
way.
now about 6 months later I have to say: I was a fool! Today.
After spending some time trying to find a more user-friendly way to
clean up the mess around here, I came to the conclusion that port 25
blocking on the bound of my network was inevitable.
Today it's done, and I have followed few others advices given on list. I
wanted to testify the benfits of good designed network for thoose who
like me are afrais of annying customer with security (even more blocking
port 25 on the limits of the network is not really annoying for most of
customers).

Thanks to  Ted Mittelstaedt, Matus UHLAR, Martin Gregorie, with your
help dudes, all I have to care about now is my mailservers
configuration!