On 20/09/10 15:28, Bowie Bailey wrote:

You can get rid of the 'backslashitis' by using a different delimiter.

uri  URI_BITLY_BLOCKED  m~^http://bit\.ly/a/warning~i

You still need to escape the period, but since the tilde (~) is now the
delimiter rather than the slash, you don't need to escape all the
slashes.  This is very useful for URI patterns!  Just remember that you
will now need to escape the new delimiter if it appears in the regex.

Thanks for the tip; I did know about using different delimiters - but using / is force of habit ;-)

I'll try and remember to use something different for uri rules.

Cheers,
Steve.