On 1/19/11 10:17 AM, "John Hardin" <jhar...@impsec.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Jan 2011, Lee Dilkie wrote:
>
>> Don't get me wrong, I liked GL but there are a number of big ISPs that
>> have quite long retry timeouts (for some reason, sympatico comes to
>> mind) and it got to be too annoying.
>
> ...and when you encounter a big ISP that does this, do you notify their
> postmaster so they can fix the problem?

Or add a grey-listing exception and publish it to the sqlgrey list so that
the rest of us can also add an exception?

I seldom have problems with large mailers.  Most of my greylisting issues
come from small organizations.  I usually end up exempting them from
grey-listing, after we get their DNS cleaned up....

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281