Hello rstarkov,

> I'm not sure I understand this bit. From what I see on
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_host, I already use a "smart host", in
> that the SMTP server specified in my mail client is not an open relay. Or is
> there more to this?

I have the same problem!  If I activate the SORBS DUL, I  can  not  even
send over my own SMTP-Relay <mail.tamay-dogan.net> (even authenticated).

It seems, ther is a bug in thsis SA rule...  because from the  header  I
see, that I was authenticated and SA see this too, so why it does reject
MY OWN MESSAGE?

> One other thing I don't get is this: surely anyone who uses something like
> Thunderbird to send their email from a dynamic IP like this one will
> invariably trigger this rule? I must have had a major misunderstanding about
> SMTP then; what http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/Rules/RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL
> seems to be saying is that NOBODY with a dynamic IP is "supposed" to be
> talking to an SMTP server... which just makes no sense to me.

1+

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack

itsystems@tdnet France EURL       itsystems@tdnet UG (limited liability)
Owner Michelle Konzack            Owner Michelle Konzack

Apt. 917 (homeoffice)
50, rue de Soultz                 Kinzigstraße 17
67100 Strasbourg/France           77694 Kehl/Germany
Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil         Tel: +49-177-9351947 mobil
Tel: +33-9-52705884 fix

<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>  <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>
<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/>         <http://www.can4linux.org/>

Jabber linux4miche...@jabber.ccc.de