On 2/21/12 10:11 AM, Antonio Gutiérrez Mayoral wrote:
rule AWL is triggered with a negative score. Reading the documentation I think that the problem was a wrong auto-learn thresold for HAM, the first week the system starts to work. The initial thresold for Ham was -0.001 and I think that this thresold causes a lot of spam and backscatter addresses
was learned as non-spam addresses. Could be possible?

and, this is one reason why awl is deprecated, and disabled by default in all new SA installations for (2 years? someone correct me on the time?)

Q: if you did not have that negative score, would you have marked those emails as spam? if answer is yes, disable AWL.

also, since you are using amavisd-new, you might want to ask specific (non AWL) questions on their mailing list about backscatter. they have a solution that might work better than AWL.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
>*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation