> On 7/27/2012 12:53 PM, Amber Clark wrote:
> > /Specifics about The Problems:/
> >
> > *Problem A*
> >
> > In the etc\spamassassin\local.cf I've made the following line:
> >
> > add_header *all* Status _YESNO_, score=_SCORE_ required=_REQD_
> > tests=_TESTS_ autolearn=_AUTOLEARN_ version=_VERSION_
> >
> > Is this the configuration file I should be editing for this setting to
> > be applied? Is there some way it could be overridden?
> >
> > *Problem B*
> >
> > In the etc\spamassassin\local.cf I've made the following lines:
> >
> > body LOCAL_FREESCORE360 /FreeScore360/
> >
> > score LOCAL_FREESCORE360 5.0
> >
> > describe LOCAL_FREESCORE360 Push e-mails that contain FreeScore360 to
> > the top
> >
> > I believe I've created that custom rule correctly, but I'm not sure.
> > Is there a better place for this custom rule to live in?

Like Bowie mentioned, --lint is the way you want to go to check if your rules
are valid.
Assumed you put the rules/configuration in your etc/spamassassin directory and
the --lint didn't produce any warnings your rules/config should be fine.

To actually check if both problems are solved you can use the sample messages
again.
Simply run a 'spamassassin < sample-non-spam.txt > report.txt
This will create a file called report.txt that contains the spam report for the
sample ham file.
You may need to call a 'clear_headers' before you define your own report format.

By adding the word FreeScore360 in the body of the sample mail and running
spamassassin again you can also check if your custom rule is working.
It should now get the score of 5 points for the custom rule.

Regards,
Daniel

JAM Software GmbH
Managing Director: Joachim Marder
Am Wissenschaftspark 26 * 54296 Trier * Germany
Phone: +49 (0)651-145 653 -0 * Fax: +49 (0)651-145 653 -29
Commercial register number HRB 4920 (AG Wittlich) http://www.jam-software.com