On 09/22/12 22:38, John Hardin wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Sep 2012, James wrote:
>>
>> I haven't trained my bayes, it seemed complex when I last looked.
>
> The "BAYES_00" in the rule hits above strongly suggests that mistrained Bayes
> is the primary culprit (if this is indeed a FN).
>
> If you haven't trained bayes, then return your required score to 5 and
> disable Bayes and see if it behaves better.
>
> Then, collect a few hundred ham and spam messages, wipe your bayes database,
> train it properly using those messages, and reenable it.
>
> Training is pretty simple. All you have to do is collect representative ham
> and spam messages in a couple of mail folders, and tell sa-learn to process
> them. The critical bit that usually causes problems is you must run sa-learn
> as the user that the MTA is running spamassassin as, or make sure that your
> configuration defines a system-global Bayes database.
>
> You will probably want to set up a nightly cron job to run sa-learn against
> your ham and spam corpus folders. Then you can just add misclassified
> messages (spams from your inbox, and hams from your spam quarantine) to those
> folders as you encounter them.

I wrote this little script to update the bayes rules.
I can do this on my imap account but my pop3 account gets way more spam and the
messages are no longer on the machine with sa once I pop them off.

Any comments on my script?

#!/bin/bash

IFS=$'\n'
FOLDERLIST=`find Maildir -name .INBOX\* -type d;`

for i in $FOLDERLIST; do
    echo "Processing ""$i"
#    `sudo sa-learn"--ham "$i"`
done