On Thu, 29 Nov 2012, David F. Skoll wrote:

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 21:27:19 +0100
"Andrzej A. Filip" <andrzej.fi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Do you treat "yahoo like" spam sources in the same way?

With respect to greylisting, of course. If a machine passes greylisting once, it's extremely likely to pass it in future and it's an utter waste of time to greylist it.

Modulo spamvertised URIs and spam checksums sent via such hosts, particularly if they are freemail.

Filtering out the spambots who don't retry (and as trivial as that is to defeat, a large amount still gets blocked by this in my experience) is not the _only_ reason to greylist. Giving the URIBLs a chance to list a new URI and the checksum services a chance to recognize a new body are also benefits of greylisting. (But, as you said, you don't take advantage of those tools.)

Also, greylisting generally keys on host+sender, not just host.

  "Bother," said Pooh as he struggled with /etc/sendmail.cf, "it never
  does quite what I want. I wish Christopher Robin was here."
                                           -- Peter da Silva in a.s.r
 26 days until Christmas