On Mon, 2012-12-03 at 07:27 -0800, Gary Funck wrote:
> On 11/29/12 10:44:54, John Hardin wrote:
> > You will probably want to put a little effort into maintaining lists
> > of regular correspondents who can bypass greylisting. There may be
> > tools to automate that, e.g. to whitelist someone a local user has
> > sent mail to.
>
> Has anyone looked into the use of a DNS-based white listing service?

Everybody's mail stream is different (I don't see any of the spam types
discussed over the last week or two) so my guess is that any public
whitelister would not be specific enough for any particular site. Its
quite likely that stuff you and your users don't want would be
whitelisted by it and OTOH you probably have a few mail sources that you
want to see but aren't being whitelisted. For instance, I doubt that a
US-based whitelister would whitelist customer information sent out by,
say, Australian energy companies or British telcos.

Martin