On Fri, 2013-07-12 at 10:49 +0200, Dejan Doder wrote:
> If service spamassassin is* off* , and I do updates
> 10 4 * * * root /usr/share/spamassassin/sa-update.cron 2>&1 | tee -a
> /var/log/sa-update.log
>
> sa-update.cron says>
> /usr/bin/sa-update && /etc/init.d/spamassassin *condrestart* > dev/null
>
> after condrestart service spamassassin will be *on*?

Depends.

If your system uses System V init, which seems likely, to control
services that's correct. If you don't want spamd running (and you don't
if you're using amavis-new, either remove "&& /etc/init.d/spamassassin
*condrestart*" from the line you show in the cron script or add a line
containing "/etc/init.d/spamassassin stop" to the cron script after line
you show. Nothing can change whether a service is 'off' or 'on' for a
runlevel except sysconfig.

If your setup uses systemd instead of System V init, make sure
spamassassin.service is disabled.

Martin