On Feb 26, 2014, at 5:49 PM, Jeff Mincy <j...@delphioutpost.com> wrote:

> Can't you do something like this using a look ahead regexp?
>
> (?=[A-Z0-9]{30,})(?:[A-Z]*[0-9]){10,}

According to regexpal.com, that matches the OP's example.  The lookahead works
properly in this case, since trying to use (say) 28 numbers fails, while 10
numbers works.  As long as SA can do lookahead, I think this should work.

I'm guessing the OP is trying to make a spam template match, much like the
AC_SPAMMY_URI_PATTERNS rules.  Typically, though, I've found that there's no
real need to be THAT specific when matching the template; almost no hammy
emails will have alphanumeric strings of 30+ characters.  As long as the rest
of the URI match is sufficiently unique, there shouldn't be a need to be overly
specific about the string itself.  Of course, it all depends on the situation,
which would be much easier to assess if the OP posted an example. =)

Cheers.

--- Amir