On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 15:07:32 +0100
RW <rwmailli...@googlemail.com> wrote:

RW> I don't think it will work for the purpose mentioned, and if it's
RW> working properly for you, there's a lot you're not mentioning.

RW> It's only looking for mail in the immediate post-delivery state
RW> after it's been put into the mailbox by an MTA or MDA and before
RW> it's been detected as new mail by an MUA (directly or via IMAP). It
RW> wont learn mail put into the folders by an MUA or IMAP at all.

RW> You need to use separate destination mailboxes.

These are _not_ general purpose Maildirs.  The normal mail processing
pipe (MTA -> LDA -> IMAP -> MUA) knows nothing about them.  To mark
something as spam/ham, a user (me) executes a custom macro in the MUA
which pipes the message through the safecat command to "deliver" it
explicitly to one of these directories.  Basically, Maildir is just a
convenient container format here.  It could be a database or whatever.

Does that answer your objections?