My backup MX will be on located on another continent this is the main reason
(latency) why I would like a local read-only replica of my database on the
backup MX server.

On Tuesday, July 8, 2014 9:57 PM, Antony Stone
<antony.st...@spamassassin.open.source.it> wrote:
On Tuesday 08 July 2014 at 21:48:58, ML mail wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to run SpamAssassin on my backup MX as well in order to avoid
> spam and backscatter. My backup MX will have a similar setup and
> configuration as my main MX, that would be
> Postfix+amavisd-new+ClamAV+SpamAssassin.
>
> Now I have all my user configuration including SpamAssassin Bayes and AWL
> stored in PostgreSQL and my backup MX will have a read-only replica of
> that PostgreSQL database. So my plan would be to have SA on the backup MX
> to use the Bayes+AWL data from the PostgreSQL in read-only mode meaning
> that it would not write any new Bayes+AWL info but just read it. So my
> question here is: is it possible to tell SA through its config to use
> Bayes+AWL data in read-only mode?
>
> If that's not possible then I was thinking I could still use SA on my
> backup MX but I would then disable Bayes+AWL. What do you think?

Why not provide r/w access to PostgreSQL on the main server from the MX
machine?  They both presumably have static IPs, so securing that connection
shouldn't be a problem?

Antony.

--
The idea that Bill Gates appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead all
customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it

- Douglas Adams in The Guardian, 25th August 1995

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.