> On 03 Sep 2014, at 02:05 , Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 30 Aug 2014 08:23:02 -0600
>> LuKreme wrote:
>>
>>>  if test -d "$J_PATH"; then
>>>    MYFIND=`find $J_PATH/ -type f -mtime -7|grep -v dovecot`
>
> On 30.08.14 22:32, RW wrote:
>> mtime may not be the best choice. Ideally what you want is the the time
>> since the spam was moved to Junk, rather than the time since it was
>> delivered.
>
> ctime should provide this information - it's changed when sa file is moved.
> For example courier-imap uses ctime ifnormation for deleting old mail from
> trash and spam (and whatever you configure to TRASH variable.

I agree that it should. However, I’ve had very poor luck with -ctime.

For example, I have a command O run to delete files in my ~/tmp that are more
than 30 days old. If I use -ctime, none of the files are ever deleted, while if
I use -mtime, everything works as expected.

> Note that something that manipulates file status can break this feature,
> e.g.  a backup system that reads files and resets atime back will cause
> resetting the ctime.  Setting it _not_ to reset atime (nobody uses atime
> nowadays) should fix the problem.

That may be what is happening then, since the system is backed up with
rsnapshot.

--
Personal isn't the same as important