On 9/10/2014 12:59 PM, Jesse Norell wrote:
Is there any reason you should not use MSPIKE in versions older than
3.4.0?

Eg. on debian box with 3.3.2, I have 20_mailspike.cf; I commented the
version check out, tested that spamassassin --lint was happy, recompiled
rules and I now have MSPIKE rules hitting.  Am I missing something?  Or
is that just there to try to persuade people towards upgrading versions?

When Mailspike was evaluated, the project did not like the concept of adding RBLs except during larger releases.

However, I am not aware of a technical reason it will not work well with 3.3.2.

There was no concern about pushing people to new versions though the project did clarify both our release goals and how long we will support an older release at http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/ReleaseGoals

This means as of August 11th, 2014 3.3.2 is effectively unsupported.

Regards,
KAM