On 12/09/2014 17:01, Reindl Harald wrote:
Am 12.09.2014 um 17:48 schrieb Giles Coochey:
On 12/09/2014 14:30, Reindl Harald wrote:
Wouldn't mind using it, but don't think I can get it working as my IMAP server
requires SSL
have you tried it?

these days almost anything works with SSL
because common used libraries

It times out, as it tries to connect on port 143, server runs on port 993
uhm Port 143 should offer and enforce STARTTLS independent
of the script, just because some clients don't work with
993 and others not with STARTTLS

Yes, it's not what the server offers, it's about what is open on the firewall - which separates the smtp server (external DMZ), from the mailbox server (internal DMZ). The point is that the server does not support the certificate based SSL that is run by policy, STARTTLS is different altogether.

--
Regards,

Giles Coochey, CCNP, CCNA, CCNAS
NetSecSpec Ltd