Am 12.10.2014 um 03:39 schrieb Karsten Bräckelmann:
On Sun, 2014-10-12 at 02:58 +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:
> You claimed DOB listed sourceforge.net, which it didn't

that i admit

> You repeatedly claimed their listing to be random, which
> it isn't. That is what I referred to as "false accusations"

i saw the first message in a relaxed "tail -f" on the and that it was one of my netatalk list messages, the thread is some days old, the sender not a new one - so for me that is enough to call it random because i don't know about other users mailbody

i grepped the maillog for URIBL_RHS_DOB and looked at other tags and what i saw for message-ids, senders and rcpts is by definiton a random result

> You are free to disable DOB on your server
> You are not free to claim $list responses to be random without proof

well, so the next time i just disable things making problems on my server without write a mail - i don't see the affected domains in the logs but know our mailflow well, so i can assure you if i have more than 1 URIBL_RHS_DOB combined with BAYES_00 on a day it stinks

if there are no data for whatever reason the answer should be NXDOMAIN
and not 127.0.0.1 in doubt because FP does more harm than FN

False accusation, again. You just claimed $list would return anything
other than NXDOMAIN in case of not-being-listed.

no - you wanted to read it that way, i claim that they have an error in aggregate the data and they have while that started yesterday to have rnadom domains listed which is proven by at least two hits

URIBL_RHS_DOB | grep BAYES_00  | grep "Oct 11": 7
URIBL_RHS_DOB | grep BAYES_00  | grep "Oct 10": 0
URIBL_RHS_DOB | grep BAYES_00  | grep "Oct  9": 3
URIBL_RHS_DOB | grep BAYES_00  | grep "Oct  8": 0
URIBL_RHS_DOB | grep BAYES_00  | grep "Oct  7": 174
URIBL_RHS_DOB | grep BAYES_00  | grep "Oct  6": 255
URIBL_RHS_DOB | grep BAYES_00  | grep "Oct  5": 0

on the other hand we had exactly that a few days ago: answer to anything not listed *randomly* depending on the dns server and so yes i claim that i can no longer trust that list and frankly i can claim what i trust or not trust because it is my opinion, not anbody elses

"goo.gl" as link-shortener has already penalties and a FP is so more bad than for other domains URIBL_DBL_ABUSE_REDIR,URIBL_DBL_REDIR,URIBL_RHS_DOB

   $ host not-registered-domain.com.dob.sibl.support-intelligence.net
   Host not-registered-domain.com.dob.sibl.support-intelligence.net not found:
3(NXDOMAIN)

We're talking false positive listings. Not random responses, neither
positive listing if "in doubt".

Again, stop unfounded false accusations on this list.

again - we both don't know how that domains got listed and what others are the same way but i can say for sure that nobody maintains that list by hand and so they have a major bug in aggregate the data and the only thing i claimed was that it looks like if there is a error response by aggregate data it got wrongly parsed - that said from a *software developers point of view* (my daily job)

from the mailadmins point of view responsible for legit business mail i don't care but need to take action in case of false positives because they can lead in the socre high enough to reject legit mail (and yes SA with spamass-milter rejects)