> On 22 Oct 2014, at 19:38 , John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 22 Oct 2014, LuKreme wrote:
>
>> I am seeing duplicate emails when saved off into my Maildirs. My normal mail
>> application ignores these duplicates, but iOS 8 does not, so I need to
>> figure out what's going on.
>>
>> 1412808979.M904650P22299.mail.covisp.net,S=65189,W=66526:2,S
>> 1412808979.M904651P22299.mail.covisp.net,S=65197,W=66534:2,S
>
> How separated in time are the two message files?

They aren't. the first blog is the ephod time stamp, so they are in the same
second.

> Do you have any kind of procmail logging turned on?

Yes. All I see is that when the message comes in to my procmailrc, it comes in
twice, so the duplication is happening up stream (which probably means dovecot,
but It looked like spamc initially, so I posted here first).

> Are all messages duplicated, or only some?

All of them across multiple accounts.

> Is the message addressed to you and also to an alias that also resolves to
> you, or something else that would cause the system to duplicate the message
> upstream of procmail?
>
>> Does this indicate that it's spamassassin that is somehow creating a
>> duplicate?
>
> Doubtful. SA only scores and may rewrite the headers a bit. It's vaguely
> possible that the glue is doing it somehow. Is procmail your glue, or
> something else upstream (a milter or some such)?

The more I look at it, the more it looks like it must be dovecot somehow.

Thanks, the questions help me focus on what is really happening.

--
Let the Wookiee win.