On 14/11/2014 11:26, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
On 13.11.14 14:34, Giles Coochey wrote:
I avoid the distribution perl completely, and use perlbrew and spamassassin 3.4.0 compiled from source, with a specific perlbrew perl version I avoid breaking the version of perl that comes with the system and can satisfy all dependencies via CPAN.

how do you solve cases when any package from distribution needs perl or any
of its modules?

perlbrew (http://perlbrew.pl/) doesn't replace the system perl, it installs a different perl to a different path. You can run many different perl versions on the same system, but in any environment only one is active.

--
Regards,

Giles Coochey, CCNP, CCNA, CCNAS
NetSecSpec Ltd